Tuesday 22 July 2008

Families at Risk update and more

This afternoon the father, mother and the two girls who had accused their father of foundling them came to my house. The father came to assure me that he was not doing anything. He said he is an affectionate man who loves his family. The younger girl was visibly shaken while he was talking.

I had talked to Robert, director of Songs of Joy Home, and he said if the parents signed the daughter in for economic reasons he would accept the girl more at risk to live at the Home. The father said it was the girls decision. She lowered her head and with tears in her eyes said she would stay with her father.

My prayer is that with the father's awareness that I am watching and am interested in his girls that he will not continue with any abuse. He seemed very concerned about his image and did not want any problems with the police. Please continue to pray for this man to come to repentance and for protection for the girls.

Later in the evening my bell rang and a young girl came asking if I would call the police because the men of her older sisters were beating up both women. I called the police and waited with her until they arrived.

I'm tired emotionally so please pray for a quieter day tomorrow and for this family also.

Love, Myra

No comments: