Thursday 17 July 2008

Jack and Jennifer Visit





Ministry visitors

Hello,

This is my first blog experience and it is exciting and a bit scary. Who's gonna read it anyway? If you do, you are special!
This year has been my busiest as far as visitors coming to the ministry. From late May until yesterday, its been none stop.

Where do I begin? Each group has blessed me in different ways. More importantly they have blessed God by their service.

I will begin with May when Jack and Jennifer came. They were so easy and laid back. Jack fixed anything in sight plus taught my son Angel how to do some handy man things too. Jen, who is a nurse, checked out the mothers and children. She was very good with them too. She also participated in a sleepover with 20 odd girls. No. they were not odd, just the number. She brought t-shirts and paint to make decorative shirts. It was great time. I took them visiting to see how the poor live. Jack has been involved with this ministry many years with his church. He has been an advocate for this ministry. He plans to come back in a year or two with more people and Jennifer plans to bring some nurses to do a medical clinic.

Jack also bought a plaque that will be placed in the building as a memorial to Susie Saltsman. In her memory we will build the Susie Saltsman library and multipurpose center. This will be an entire floor of the building and will serve as the church, daycare, computer lab, library and a place to hold Bible, hygiene, and literacy classes.

To make donations to this project please make checks out to WMOTW 3415 Fallstaff Rd Baltimore, MD 21215. Please put Susie Saltsman in the memo line.

I will share more tomorrow about my second group. If you are interested in serving the poor in a foreign land. Come on down!

Contact me at Angeldaniel@wmotw.com.

Love, Myra

No comments: